|That sounds only slightly crazy.|
I have a lot of bad luck with these lists. I’ve done the the past three years and every year, half the games end up getting delayed and a couple of the ones that do come out I end up not bothering with due to lukewarm reviews or something. Then the games that I do end up really digging completely flew under my radar at the time I made the list. For instance, this year I totally dug X-COM: Enemy Unknown, and I wasn’t even aware that was coming out at the start of 2012!
So here they are in alphabetical order:
- Bioshock Infinite (PS3, FPS) Holdover from last year.
- Dragon’s Crown (PS3, Platformer) Holdover from last year.
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3, Fighting) There were a lot of fighting games that came out last year. I got way too many of them considering how generally bad I am at fighting games (and am unwilling to put in the time or effort to “master” them.) Still, this one looks pretty awesome from the purely geeky perspective of “fighting evil versions of superheroes” (but woe be it to the developers if alternate “normal” costumes for them are not in the games, I guarantee that will be a deal breaker for non-gamers with any interest in the game.)
- Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (PS3, Action) I hate the Metal Gear series. I consider it the cancer that’s killing gaming, by putting more of an emphasis on its terrible story over game play. This spin off title, however, is being made by Platinum Games (the madmen behind Vanquish) and is derided by MGS fans as “not a real MGS game.” That’s more than enough to pique my interest!
- SimCity (PC, Strategy) I want to want this game. I’ve put a lot of time into the Sim City series over the years, from the SNES to the Sim City 3 on the PC. However this sequel will be burdened by DRM and over-marketing (e.g., the lack of a 4 in the title.) I have a feeling that despite all this, I’ll end up buying SimCity when it comes out just because I trust the series.